Gratitude is a powerful tool. Not only does it help me recognize the blessings in my life, it also
- Reduces anxiety
- Increases my desire to give
- Helps energize me
- Increases my desire to forgive
- Helps me feel happier
- Decreases depression
- Helps me to live in the moment
One thing I’ve learned about Gratitude is that it is a choice. It also takes practice.
A few years ago I found that I was in a slump. My “big dreams” hadn’t become reality, and I was buried in diapers, cleaning, laundry, diapers, homework, work, and more diapers.
As a result, I found I was feeling very low.
I knew something had to give and the giver would probably be me.
It was at this moment that I came across a podcast about gratitude and how just feeling grateful helps us manifest other things into our lives. Plus, it helps us live happily in the moment.
I want to enjoy my life. Feeling grateful is one of the keys to life enjoyment.
A few ways I started practicing gratitude are
- Started a gratitude journal: Every morning I write down 3 things I am grateful for. Then I make a point to really feel those things.
- Meditate: I began to mediate and think about all of the blessings I have in my life. I also think about “future” blessings and feel grateful for them.
- Express gratitude: I began telling people immediately when I was grateful for them. I still have work to do in this area, but I’m taking those strides.
- Say a prayer: Even if you don’t believe in God, say a prayer to the Universe. I’m a spiritual person and every morning upon waking I say a “grateful” prayer. During these, I don’t ask for anything. Instead, I simply thank God for the things, experiences and people he has placed in my life.
Tony Robbins once said, “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.”
I love this and believe in with my whole heart. If we aren’t grateful, why would God/Universe give us more?
When we are grateful for everything life has to offer, we cannot have fear.
To help you get started on your gratitude journey, I’ve created a 31 day gratitude calendar. It focuses on 1 simple thing to be grateful for each day. The purpose of this is to help you also get into the habit of showing and feeling grateful.
Let’s be honest… it’s for me as well!
I’m grateful for this life! I’m grateful for you! I hope you are grateful for you too!