How to lose weight and keep it off
Becoming our best, most fit self seems to be constantly on most of our brains. It used to be on mine, but then I found some little “weight loss,” tricks that worked. One of them was training my brain to not fixate on “losing weight.” Because of my success, I’ve included the affirmations I used to get off of the “I must lose weight,” train.
One thing I discovered is that, when I focus on “needing to lose weight,” I always have weight I need to lose. When I tell myself I’m already the “weight,” or “size” or “shape” I want to be, my body obey’s and transforms. It’s CRAZY I tell you, like a magic trick.
I’ve also included a few little “weight loss,” hacks that worked for me and still work to this day. If you’d like a longer list, you can click HERE for more “weight loss,” tips and tricks.
Here are a few:
- Drink Warm Lemon Water: First thing in the morning as soon as you wake up, drink 12 ounces of warm lemon water. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger and cravings. It has also been shown to help you maintain a more alkaline diet and lose weight faster. Lemon water also helps with digestion and flushes out unwanted toxins. It can also help you relieve constipation
- Intermittent fasting: This is going without food for a longer period of time. I prefer to fast during the night time hours while I sleep. I’ve found that, for me, it works best to not eat anything after 5pm. Of course, there are some exceptions, but I try to stick to this as much as possible. While fasting, your body initiates some important functions, like cellular repair. Your insulin levels also drop drastically, which helps in fat burning. Intermittent fasting helps you lose weight and burn that unwanted belly fat. When I started using intermittent fasting as part of my regular daily routine is when I saw HUGE CHANGES. Not only did I lose weight and keep it off, but my energy levels returned.
- Work Out before eating: I’ve seen amazing results just by working out before I eat. At first, this was challenging, but within a few weeks my body adjusted and now I’ll get sick if I eat before exercising. This helps your body to begin burning fat as you start your workout, instead of having to burn through sugars you’ve eaten.
- Take Diatomaceous Earth: This all natural mineral is amazing. To read all the benefits of Diatomaceous Earth or “Fossil Shell Flour,” Click HERE.
- Get enough sleep: I’m a first believer that SLEEP is, by far, the most important factor in weight loss and maintenance. If you don’t get enough sleep, you have a greater chance of wanting to fuel your body with unhealthy foods just to get the energy burst they supply you with. With adequate sleep, your body is more able to function properly and you’re more likely to want healthy, nutrient rich foods.
- Finally, think positive: I can’t stress this enough folks because thinking positive changed the game for me. Years ago when I was struggling with weight loss, I was eating healthy, exercising hard and doing everything I was supposed to do and still, I would maybe lose a pound and then it would come right back. My focus was constantly on how I “needed to lose weight,” and “I’m too fat.” Well, a few months after getting married, I decided not to focus on my weight anymore and instead, told myself I was already where I wanted to be. I kid you not, it’s like 10 pounds fell off over night. It seems that, because I was so focused on my weight, my body was hanging on for dear life. As soon as I forgot about it, the fat melted away and all I changed was my mindset. Crazy huh?
Here’s another article I think you’ll really love. It has some great tips for losing weight quickly. After all, every little tip helps right?
I’m a firm believer in the power of our thoughts and so for that reason, I’ve created a “affirmations for weight loss,” list for you! I hope it helps!
Here’s to a sweet and wonderful life and a positive mindset! Keep that lemonade brain y’all!