Daily Positive Affirmations: The Many Benefits.
What are positive affirmations?
If you’re just getting into the world of affirmations, welcome! It’s a joyous place filled with possibility and wonder!
“We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams.”
Basically, an affirmation is daring to dream and to encircle your thoughts around those dreams.
They are also a fuel for YOUR success!
An affirmation can help you open a door. It’s a starting point for growth and change.
Every day, you tell your mind that you are taking responsibility and are aware that you are in control.
In short, an affirmation is anything you think or say!
Take a moment to think about it. Do the things you say reflect possitivity or do you dwell in negativity and past dealings. Do you dream about the future and live to experience the present, or do you live in days gone, blaming past experience on where you stand now?
I’m a firm believer that whatever you feed will grow. If you give energy and attention to positive, self loving thoughts of possibility, then your capacity and success will grow.
If you are stuck feeding table scraps to the negative moments in your life and self loathing thoughts, then like a rabid dog, the negativity in your life will grow.
What you feed is what you will experience and feel.
You can’t go wrong by surrounding your day in positive affirmations. In fact, you could go very very right.
There are so many studies circulating around about the positive affects of affirmations and how they can help us.
Some of these are
- They help you become aware of your thoughts and help you to reduce negativity seep into your life
- Daily positive affirmations help keep you encircled by things you want in life
- Getting into the habit of daily positive affirmations help keep the small things in perspective. When your day is going well or you are experiencing big and small successes, meaningful moments and happiness, affirmations help to keep you focused on these positive aspects of your day.
- Gratitude is the key to success. When you are focused on the positive it keeps you in a state of feeling grateful.
- Affirmations open your heart to possibility and allow you to dream! Many of the most successful people dream and dream big! If they can achieve, why can’t you?
- When you create your affirmations, you get to decide what you’re doing and why. They are unique to you, depending on what you’d like to achieve. What to feel more love? Tell yourself that you “are” love and embody the feeling of love. Want to overcome obstacles? Tell yourself that there are no “roadblocks” you can’t overcome. The mind is powerful! Our thoughts are powerful! I don’t think we understand how powerful our thoughts are.
- Our thoughts are energy. If you think positively and surround yourself with positive energy, then positivity will come back to you. The flip side is also true.
I’ve seen the effects of affirmations in my life more than once. Every time I go to the store I visualize a front parking spot. Do I need one? Not always. When I have my three small children it sure is convenient.
Before I leave I start telling myself over and over “Everything good happens to me.” Without fail, every time, I find a front parking spot.
Einstein said: “We cannon solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
It may not be easy to make a change in habit, but it is simple. Think happy thoughts. The way you CHOOSE to think is how you will feel.
I’m not saying your life will change over night. Change is about consistent habits. No better time to start that change than that gift we call the present!
One thing that I’ve done to keep my mind in a positive state is I’ve compiled a list of my favorite affirmations. Affirmations are different for everyone, but these in particular touched my heart.
After collecting them, I created a secret (Shhhh) Pinterest vision board for my affirmations.
Every morning upon waking, I read these affirmations one by one and try, with all my heart and soul, to feel EVERY SINGLE ONE!
Below, you’ll find my affirmations. Feel free to pin them as you like and read them as you wish!
Who knows, they may help you too!