Smoothie: Purple Citrus Smoothie
So, I happened across one of the most delicious smoothie recipe’s I’ve ever tasted… all by accident of course.
How did I do this you ask? Experimenting, a little luck and fairy dust. Okay… teasing about the fairy dust, but how COOL would that be?
This Smoothie recipe is not only chalk full of vitamin C, antioxidants and Iron, but it’s amazingly easy and so good for you too.
How did you make it? Because I’m good at sharing and I love you dear smoothie friend, I’m willing to share.
Here’s how you make it
- 1 cup of organic orange juice, not from concentrate.
- A handful of frozen blueberries.
- A small handful of spinach.
- The juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 5-10 cubes of ice depending on preference.
- 1 tsp of Diatomaceous Earth – You can learn all about the amazing benefits of Diatomaceous Earth HERE. I love the stuff because it’s good for you and cheap
- 1 tbsp of protein powder of your choice – I use the veggie based protein powder from Costco or Collegin protein.
- A dash (literally a dash. I basically just “dash” this) of eggshell flour. You can learn about the benefits of egg shell flour HERE.
Simply put all of the ingredients in your desired blender and blend away.
Because this smoothie is so delicious, even my 4 year old couldn’t stop drinking it. Then again, we are all suckers for citrus around my house. I pretty much diffuse is day and night because citrus just makes me happy!